Gujarat Congress comes up with revival plans after two-day meet
Ahmedabad: After a two-day introspection meet to discuss reasons behind the party`s debacle in the recently held Lok Sabha polls, the Gujarat unit of Congress came up with recommendations today to revive the party in the state.
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia announced that after the meet, the party has come up with several suggestions to strengthen the party`s organisational structure in the state.
"The party`s organisational structure will be kept short, effective, accountable and as per constitutional provisions of the Congress," a recommendation statement read.
At the micro-level, the party has decided to expedite formation of various cells and departments at the taluka level and it has been recommended to hold monthly meetings of each unit of the party`s organisational structure.
The party has decided to start their full-time offices at taluka and district level within the next three months. The Congress, which has been facing internal fights, has decided to form a disciplinary committee which would take punitive action against those breaching party discipline.
As per recommendations, regional units would be given more autonomy to select candidates for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
The party would also provide compulsory training to new members, while a "special training course" for permanent members has been suggested.
After facing a defeat never seen before, the party unit in Gujarat plans to voice people`s problems and raise questions about law and order in the state as well as reach out to people using social media and other tools.
The two-day meet was attended by senior Congress party leaders, Congress MLAs, candidates who contested Lok Sabha elections, district and city presidents, along with other key party leaders. The Gujarat Congress will convey the recommendations to its Delhi leadership for sanction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news