Gujarat: Congress denies ticket to Narhari Amin
Ahmedabad: Former Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat Narhari Amin, who was denied nomination by Congress for coming assembly polls, has asked his supporters to resign from their posts in the party and in the local bodies.
Amin`s supporters submitted their resignations to Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia today. Those who resigned included city Congress chief Pankaj Shah and 18 municipal councillors, 40 ward presidents, and others.
Amin, an influential Patel community leader with a sizable following, had sought ticket from Gandhinagar South but the party stuck to its policy that it would not give nomination to those who have lost two elections.
"I have told the party leadership that I will not campaign for any Congress candidate," he told his supporters at a meeting, adding he will decide the future course of action after consulting all his followers.
Congress`s campaign committee chairman Shankarsinh Vaghela said "the criteria for tickets was very strict. Even Amin knew this when the party leaders sat down for deciding who to give tickets. He might be sad but he won`t leave the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details