Gujarat Congress issues `Black Paper` on corruption, plans agitation
Ahmedabad: Issuing what they called `Black
Paper` alleging `large-scale corruption` by the Narendra
Modi led BJP government, the Gujarat Congress Sunday announced
state-wide agitation against the ruling party.
"Modiji`s slogan that he was not corrupt and hence
won`t allow corruption (in the state) is nothing but an utter
lie," Gujarat Congress president Siddharth Patel said while
releasing the `Black Paper` on corruption cases in the state.
"It is now clear that given the nature of corruption
prevailing in Gujarat, it cannot take place without the
knowledge of the chief minister," he added.
Patel said that the party would be organising a
state-wide agitation starting tomorrow till August 19.
"We would go to the people with the ‘Black Paper’
and show them how corrupt the Modi government is. We have
planned 13 public meetings across the state between August
9-19 where we will be highlighting corruption of the BJP
government," he said.
"An immoral nexus of police officers, bureaucrats and
politicians has come into existence which is exploiting
innocent people. Over 270 people have complained before the
CBI, probing the fake encounter case, by filing affidavits,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'