Gujarat Congress issues `Black Paper` on corruption, plans agitation
Ahmedabad: Issuing what they called `Black
Paper` alleging `large-scale corruption` by the Narendra
Modi led BJP government, the Gujarat Congress Sunday announced
state-wide agitation against the ruling party.
"Modiji`s slogan that he was not corrupt and hence
won`t allow corruption (in the state) is nothing but an utter
lie," Gujarat Congress president Siddharth Patel said while
releasing the `Black Paper` on corruption cases in the state.
"It is now clear that given the nature of corruption
prevailing in Gujarat, it cannot take place without the
knowledge of the chief minister," he added.
Patel said that the party would be organising a
state-wide agitation starting tomorrow till August 19.
"We would go to the people with the ‘Black Paper’
and show them how corrupt the Modi government is. We have
planned 13 public meetings across the state between August
9-19 where we will be highlighting corruption of the BJP
government," he said.
"An immoral nexus of police officers, bureaucrats and
politicians has come into existence which is exploiting
innocent people. Over 270 people have complained before the
CBI, probing the fake encounter case, by filing affidavits,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav