Gujarat Congress urge Lokayukta to probe corruption charges
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday submitted details of alleged corruption under the Gujarat government to recently appointed Lokayukta D P Buch and demanded through investigations.
A delegation of Congress MLAs led by chief whip Balwantsinh Rajput met Buch in his office and demanded thorough investigations into charges raised by them.
"We have given details of various scams committed during Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rule to the Lokayukta, which include land given away without auctions, Sujalam Sufalam water project, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation scam and illegal mining," Rajput said.
He admitted that most of the issues raised by Congress are from 2003 to 2008, though as per Gujarat`s Lokayukta Act, complaints which are more than five year old cannot be entertained.
However, Congress demanded that the newly appointed Lokayukta should be allowed to probe corruption complaints of the last ten years.
Rajput said they have submitted details of the scam on the basis of information received from various departments through the Right To Information Act.
The Gujarat government had appointed Justice Buch as the Lokayukta in December, after the post was vacant for the last ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla