Gujarat Congress urge Lokayukta to probe corruption charges
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday submitted details of alleged corruption under the Gujarat government to recently appointed Lokayukta D P Buch and demanded through investigations.
A delegation of Congress MLAs led by chief whip Balwantsinh Rajput met Buch in his office and demanded thorough investigations into charges raised by them.
"We have given details of various scams committed during Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rule to the Lokayukta, which include land given away without auctions, Sujalam Sufalam water project, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation scam and illegal mining," Rajput said.
He admitted that most of the issues raised by Congress are from 2003 to 2008, though as per Gujarat`s Lokayukta Act, complaints which are more than five year old cannot be entertained.
However, Congress demanded that the newly appointed Lokayukta should be allowed to probe corruption complaints of the last ten years.
Rajput said they have submitted details of the scam on the basis of information received from various departments through the Right To Information Act.
The Gujarat government had appointed Justice Buch as the Lokayukta in December, after the post was vacant for the last ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama