Gujarat Congress urge Lokayukta to probe corruption charges
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday submitted details of alleged corruption under the Gujarat government to recently appointed Lokayukta D P Buch and demanded through investigations.
A delegation of Congress MLAs led by chief whip Balwantsinh Rajput met Buch in his office and demanded thorough investigations into charges raised by them.
"We have given details of various scams committed during Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rule to the Lokayukta, which include land given away without auctions, Sujalam Sufalam water project, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation scam and illegal mining," Rajput said.
He admitted that most of the issues raised by Congress are from 2003 to 2008, though as per Gujarat`s Lokayukta Act, complaints which are more than five year old cannot be entertained.
However, Congress demanded that the newly appointed Lokayukta should be allowed to probe corruption complaints of the last ten years.
Rajput said they have submitted details of the scam on the basis of information received from various departments through the Right To Information Act.
The Gujarat government had appointed Justice Buch as the Lokayukta in December, after the post was vacant for the last ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list