Gujarat: Congress urges people to end BJP`s 17-year corrupt rule
Surat: Addressing an election rally here, Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee president (GPCC) Arjun Modhwadia today said that corruption has bloomed during Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) 17-year rule in the state.
"During BJP`s 17-year rule, 17 scams to the tune of Rs 1 lakh crore have come to the fore. BJP has been unable to offer good administration during its tenure and yet it advises Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on how to govern," he said.
Accusing the state government of snatching away the rights of youth, women, farmers and traders, Modhwadia said that voters are ready to oust the BJP government in the upcoming assembly polls.
Alleging that the BJP government of not giving importance to textile and diamond industries, the senior Congress leader said that the state government was only concerned about industrialists.
The Porbandar MLA alleged nexus between BJP party leaders and the land mafia, adding that this had added to the woes of the lower middle class.
Union minister of state for transport Tushar Chaudhry said that Dalits, adivasis, scheduled castes and backward classes have only suffered injustice at the BJP`s hands, adding that it was important to vote Congress to power to stop this injustice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy