Gujarat court acquits husband in Sheila Soni murder case
Ahmedabad: A court on Thursday acquitted Dr Purshottam Soni, who was accused of murdering his wife and BJP worker Sheila in 2002.
Sessions judge D B Patel of Viramgam District Court gave Dr Soni, the sole accused, a benefit of doubt.
The case had turned sensational as Sheila was a BJP worker.
She was found murdered in her house in Mandal town on June 25, 2002.
Dr Soni, during the trial, had urged the police to subject him to narco analysis and brain mapping so that he could prove his innocence. In 2006, Gujarat High Court allowed brain-mapping and the Supreme Court confirmed the ruling.
In 2010, he underwent brain mapping at Forensic Science Laboratory at Gandhinagar.
His lawyer, S V Raju, said the FSL`s conclusions favoured his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM