Gujarat didn`t bow before Nehru, who is Sonia: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday took a swipe at Sonia Gandhi, saying that his state had not bowed down even before Jawaharlal Nehru, let alone the present Congress president.
Modi also took a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that Dr Singh`s house is run on generators, but Gujarat is a power-surplus state.
He was speaking in Botad town of Bhavnagar district, 120 km from here, during a function to dedicate 32 km-long Narmada pipeline from Navada to Botad.
"The Centre should stop misusing its power to win elections of Gujarat. It is trying to destroy the people and the state which should be stopped immediately," Modi said.
"This state has not bowed down before (Jawarharlal) Nehru; what is Sonia`s class?" Modi said, addressing the huge gathering.
"In Nehru`s heyday, Gujarat did not bow down before him. We are descendants of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, we will not bow down before anybody," he further said.
He also referred to the differences between Nehru and Patel, to allege that even the country`s first prime minister discriminated against Gujarat, because it was the home state of Patel.
"Centre`s anti-farmer policies have ruined the farmers of this country. The Centre has devised plot to ruin Gujarat farmers by banning cotton export," Modi further said.
In 2007, the Centre diverted 200 MW electricity quota of farmers of Gujarat to Maharashtra, he said.
"The Prime Minister`s house runs on generator...but Gujarat has become power surplus state," Modi further said.
"Gujarat is ready to provide power to Delhi, upon request of that state`s administration, but the Delhi government transmission lines do not have the capacity to receive electricity from us," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends