Gujarat didn`t bow before Nehru, who is Sonia: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday took a swipe at Sonia Gandhi, saying that his state had not bowed down even before Jawaharlal Nehru, let alone the present Congress president.
Modi also took a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that Dr Singh`s house is run on generators, but Gujarat is a power-surplus state.
He was speaking in Botad town of Bhavnagar district, 120 km from here, during a function to dedicate 32 km-long Narmada pipeline from Navada to Botad.
"The Centre should stop misusing its power to win elections of Gujarat. It is trying to destroy the people and the state which should be stopped immediately," Modi said.
"This state has not bowed down before (Jawarharlal) Nehru; what is Sonia`s class?" Modi said, addressing the huge gathering.
"In Nehru`s heyday, Gujarat did not bow down before him. We are descendants of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, we will not bow down before anybody," he further said.
He also referred to the differences between Nehru and Patel, to allege that even the country`s first prime minister discriminated against Gujarat, because it was the home state of Patel.
"Centre`s anti-farmer policies have ruined the farmers of this country. The Centre has devised plot to ruin Gujarat farmers by banning cotton export," Modi further said.
In 2007, the Centre diverted 200 MW electricity quota of farmers of Gujarat to Maharashtra, he said.
"The Prime Minister`s house runs on generator...but Gujarat has become power surplus state," Modi further said.
"Gujarat is ready to provide power to Delhi, upon request of that state`s administration, but the Delhi government transmission lines do not have the capacity to receive electricity from us," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings