Gujarat earning Rs 1,700 per annum through central power project: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Vadodara: Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia on said Gujarat has been earning Rs 1,700 crore per annum by selling power to other states, which has been allocated to it from central power sector projects.
"The Centre has been allocating 3,000MW of power to Gujarat from its central power sector projects, of which it sells 835 MW of power to other states and earns an amount of Rs 5 crore per day," Scindia said addressing a poll public meeting in Elora park area of the Sayajigunj assembly constituency here tonight.
"The electricity duty charged in Gujarat is 20 per cent as compared to 5 per cent in neighbouring Rajasthan and other states," he added.
In a veiled attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s development plank, he said the state was already developed on many fronts since ages.
"Gujarat had been a developed state and it had been trading silk to China over a hundred years ago. Not only that, Ahmedabad was called Manchester of India because of a large number of textile mills in the city. Surat is known as a diamond city," the Union Minister said.
Scindia alleged there was a "high rate" of mortality, women’s death and malnourishment in Gujarat.
"There was a debt Rs 1.40 lakh crore on Gujarat, which shows what sort of development has taken place as claimed by Modi government," he said.
Scindia alleged that while BJP talked about constructing a Ram temple in Ayodhya, it did not announce the date of construction of the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt