Gujarat earning Rs 1,700 per annum through central power project: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Vadodara: Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia on said Gujarat has been earning Rs 1,700 crore per annum by selling power to other states, which has been allocated to it from central power sector projects.
"The Centre has been allocating 3,000MW of power to Gujarat from its central power sector projects, of which it sells 835 MW of power to other states and earns an amount of Rs 5 crore per day," Scindia said addressing a poll public meeting in Elora park area of the Sayajigunj assembly constituency here tonight.
"The electricity duty charged in Gujarat is 20 per cent as compared to 5 per cent in neighbouring Rajasthan and other states," he added.
In a veiled attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s development plank, he said the state was already developed on many fronts since ages.
"Gujarat had been a developed state and it had been trading silk to China over a hundred years ago. Not only that, Ahmedabad was called Manchester of India because of a large number of textile mills in the city. Surat is known as a diamond city," the Union Minister said.
Scindia alleged there was a "high rate" of mortality, women’s death and malnourishment in Gujarat.
"There was a debt Rs 1.40 lakh crore on Gujarat, which shows what sort of development has taken place as claimed by Modi government," he said.
Scindia alleged that while BJP talked about constructing a Ram temple in Ayodhya, it did not announce the date of construction of the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi