Gujarat election 2012: Narendra Modi turns 62 on Monday; to spend his day campaigning
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who turns 62 on Monday, will keep himself busy campaigning for the upcoming polls in the state, BJP sources said.
Modi will be visiting Rajkot for Vivekananda Youth Convention, where he will be addressing more than 14,000 youths in the morning, they said.
Modi will start his Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra from Ambaji in the afternoon, where BJP president Nitin Gadkari will also remain present.
On his last birthday, Modi had launched his Sadbhavna Mission fasts, after the Supreme Court-appointed SIT gave him a clean chit in the 2002 post-Godhra Gulbarg Society massacre case.
The Gujarat assembly polls are due to be held by the year end and Modi is seeking his fourth straight term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing