Gujarat elections: Cong, BJP turn to social media to woo youths
Ahmedabad: With the elections in the state fast approaching, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress are now doing their bid to woo the youths in the state with the help of social networking websites.
The Congress party recently launched its own website ‘Join Hands for Change’ through which people can address their grievances related to the state government, as per a CNN-IBN report. The website has also been allegedly linked to social networking websites to reach out to maximum youths.
Meanwhile, BJP is not to be left too far behind. The party has reportedly started with the initiative that the person posting maximum messages on its social media will get a chance to meet Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This website allows youngsters and others to put forth their problems. It is an attempt by the party to give the people a voice," said Manish Doshi, Spokesperson for Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee, as per report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire