Gujarat elections: Cong, BJP turn to social media to woo youths
Ahmedabad: With the elections in the state fast approaching, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress are now doing their bid to woo the youths in the state with the help of social networking websites.
The Congress party recently launched its own website ‘Join Hands for Change’ through which people can address their grievances related to the state government, as per a CNN-IBN report. The website has also been allegedly linked to social networking websites to reach out to maximum youths.
Meanwhile, BJP is not to be left too far behind. The party has reportedly started with the initiative that the person posting maximum messages on its social media will get a chance to meet Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This website allows youngsters and others to put forth their problems. It is an attempt by the party to give the people a voice," said Manish Doshi, Spokesperson for Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee, as per report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?