Gujarat elections: Cong, BJP turn to social media to woo youths
Ahmedabad: With the elections in the state fast approaching, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress are now doing their bid to woo the youths in the state with the help of social networking websites.
The Congress party recently launched its own website ‘Join Hands for Change’ through which people can address their grievances related to the state government, as per a CNN-IBN report. The website has also been allegedly linked to social networking websites to reach out to maximum youths.
Meanwhile, BJP is not to be left too far behind. The party has reportedly started with the initiative that the person posting maximum messages on its social media will get a chance to meet Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This website allows youngsters and others to put forth their problems. It is an attempt by the party to give the people a voice," said Manish Doshi, Spokesperson for Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee, as per report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state