Gujarat elections: Cong, BJP turn to social media to woo youths
Ahmedabad: With the elections in the state fast approaching, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress are now doing their bid to woo the youths in the state with the help of social networking websites.
The Congress party recently launched its own website ‘Join Hands for Change’ through which people can address their grievances related to the state government, as per a CNN-IBN report. The website has also been allegedly linked to social networking websites to reach out to maximum youths.
Meanwhile, BJP is not to be left too far behind. The party has reportedly started with the initiative that the person posting maximum messages on its social media will get a chance to meet Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This website allows youngsters and others to put forth their problems. It is an attempt by the party to give the people a voice," said Manish Doshi, Spokesperson for Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee, as per report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split