Gujarat farmers protest against land acquisition
Vadodara: Farmers from around 60 villages in Vadodara and neighbouring Bharuch districts on Monday took out a rally against acquisition of their farmlands for upcoming developmental projects.
The lands are being taken over for the construction of proposed Vadodara-Mumbai Express Way and a bullet train track connecting Ahmedabad to Pune via Mumbai.
In a memorandum submitted to district collector, the farmers said, "they will launch a stir if their fertile lands are continued to be acquired for the projects".
Addressing the farmers, Hasmukh Bhatt of Ekta Gramin Praja Vichar Manch demanded scrapping of the bullet train project.
The farmers also alleged that the land for the Ahmedabad-Vadodara Expressway project was being acquired under the Land Acquisition Act and under NHAI Act for another similar project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing