Gujarat girl writes to Sonia to get father`s body back from Pak
Vadodara: The 12-year-old daughter of a fisherman, who died in a Pakistani prison last month, has sought Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s intervention to get her father`s body back.
Bhavika Shiyal of Junagadh district today wrote a letter to the UPA chairperson, seeking her help in getting the body of her father, Bhikha Lakha, back home for last rites.
Lakha died in a jail in Karachi on December 19 and his family was informed about this on January 4. Bhavika`s mother Devuben passed away two years ago and she is currently staying with her aunt, along with her three-year-old brother Pinak.
"I am approaching Soniaji because she, being a mother, will understand my plight and also that of my three-year-old brother. We have become orphans after the death of my father and mother in a period of just two years," she said.
"I and my brother have been staying with my aunt Sona Parmar after my father asked her to look after us when he left for fishing on October 25," Bhavika told reporters over phone.
"I, my aunt and other family members have been eagerly waiting for the arrival of my father`s body ever since the sad news of his death was conveyed to us on January 4."
Since then over three weeks have passed but uncertainty still prevails about arrival of his body, said Bhavika, who resides in village Garal of Una taluka.
Bhavika said her father, in his last letter, had stated that he was well and there was no need to worry about him. Also, there was no mention of any disease he was suffering from.
His sudden death has raised several questions and the matter must be investigated, she demanded. "My brother does not even know his father has gone for ever."
Lakha was among several Indian fishermen captured by Pakistan Marine Security Agency on charge of illegally straying into Pakistani territorial waters in the Arabian sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price