Gujarat government promotes eight IAS officers
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government today promoted eight IAS officers to the rank of principal secretary from the post of secretary.
Chief electoral officer of Gujarat and ex-officio secretary to government, General Administration Department (GAD) Anita Karwal, a 1988-batch officer, has been promoted to the rank of principal secretary to government, an official statement said. She will continue in her current post.
Other senior officers who have been promoted to the rank of principal secretary are Arun Kumar Sutaria, S Aparna, B B Swain, Mukesh Puri, A K Sharma, Sanjay Agrawal and Anuradha Mall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!