Gujarat government`s stand on Godhra carnage vindicated: Vyas
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government`s stand on the
Godhra carnage that it was a pre-planned conspiracy is
vindicated by Tuesday`s judgement in the case, state government
spokesperson Jaynarayan Vyas said.
"The judgement has established that this was a
pre-planned conspiracy hatched and executed with finesse, so
the state government`s stand is vindicated," Vyas told
"The judgement today sets at naught all the wrong
propaganda of the so called NGOs that Godhra train burning
incident was not a pre-planned conspiracy," he said.
Vyas said that the government will decide on its future
course of action after studying the judgement.
"The judgement has just been delivered. We are yet to get
full text of the judgement, we shall study the judgement first
and then further reaction will follow," he said.
Vyas, also the state Health Minister, said the question
of compensation to those acquitted by the court does not
"Even the public prosecutors were appointed by the SIT,
so it is a perfectly independent process of justice that has
established beyond any doubt that this was a well hatched
conspiracy and that was our stand right from the day one," he
So, those so called NGOs who were trying to malign
Gujarat, trying to point fingers at the state government, I
think have fallen flat, the BJP leader said adding, "I think
it was long motivated propaganda against the state and people
of Gujarat by them (NGOs)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25