Gujarat government`s stand on Godhra carnage vindicated: Vyas
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government`s stand on the
Godhra carnage that it was a pre-planned conspiracy is
vindicated by Tuesday`s judgement in the case, state government
spokesperson Jaynarayan Vyas said.
"The judgement has established that this was a
pre-planned conspiracy hatched and executed with finesse, so
the state government`s stand is vindicated," Vyas told
"The judgement today sets at naught all the wrong
propaganda of the so called NGOs that Godhra train burning
incident was not a pre-planned conspiracy," he said.
Vyas said that the government will decide on its future
course of action after studying the judgement.
"The judgement has just been delivered. We are yet to get
full text of the judgement, we shall study the judgement first
and then further reaction will follow," he said.
Vyas, also the state Health Minister, said the question
of compensation to those acquitted by the court does not
"Even the public prosecutors were appointed by the SIT,
so it is a perfectly independent process of justice that has
established beyond any doubt that this was a well hatched
conspiracy and that was our stand right from the day one," he
So, those so called NGOs who were trying to malign
Gujarat, trying to point fingers at the state government, I
think have fallen flat, the BJP leader said adding, "I think
it was long motivated propaganda against the state and people
of Gujarat by them (NGOs)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city