Gujarat government`s stand on Godhra carnage vindicated: Vyas
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government`s stand on the
Godhra carnage that it was a pre-planned conspiracy is
vindicated by Tuesday`s judgement in the case, state government
spokesperson Jaynarayan Vyas said.
"The judgement has established that this was a
pre-planned conspiracy hatched and executed with finesse, so
the state government`s stand is vindicated," Vyas told
"The judgement today sets at naught all the wrong
propaganda of the so called NGOs that Godhra train burning
incident was not a pre-planned conspiracy," he said.
Vyas said that the government will decide on its future
course of action after studying the judgement.
"The judgement has just been delivered. We are yet to get
full text of the judgement, we shall study the judgement first
and then further reaction will follow," he said.
Vyas, also the state Health Minister, said the question
of compensation to those acquitted by the court does not
"Even the public prosecutors were appointed by the SIT,
so it is a perfectly independent process of justice that has
established beyond any doubt that this was a well hatched
conspiracy and that was our stand right from the day one," he
So, those so called NGOs who were trying to malign
Gujarat, trying to point fingers at the state government, I
think have fallen flat, the BJP leader said adding, "I think
it was long motivated propaganda against the state and people
of Gujarat by them (NGOs)."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata