Gujarat Governor OP Kohli visits Sabarmati Ashram
Ahmedabad: Newly-appointed Governor of Gujarat OP Kohli on Thursday visited Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram here following which he said he felt "blessed".
"Gandhi spent his life with simplicity depending on minimum resources. His life is inspirational for all of us. I felt blessed after visiting here (Gandhi Ashram)," Kohli said after visiting Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram.
After assuming charge as Gujarat`s Governor yesterday, Kohli visited the Sabarmati Ashram, from where Gandhi spear-headed the freedom movement until he left for his Dandi Yatra.
The Gujarat Governor also visited the `Hridaya-Kunj` - the room where Mahatma Gandhi used to stay, besides Vinobha Kutir and Meera Kutir during his half an hour long visit.
In visitor-book of the Sabarmati Ashram, Kohli wrote: "Respected Gandhiji was a wonderful and proficient person. Pujya (respected) Bapu will show the light to the entire mankind and will remain the source of inspiration not only till the next century but till the next one thousand years."
Kohli has been appointed as the Gujarat governor by the Narendra Modi-led Union Government in place of Kamla Beniwal, who has been transferred to Mizoram.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory