Gujarat Governor OP Kohli visits Sabarmati Ashram
Ahmedabad: Newly-appointed Governor of Gujarat OP Kohli on Thursday visited Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram here following which he said he felt "blessed".
"Gandhi spent his life with simplicity depending on minimum resources. His life is inspirational for all of us. I felt blessed after visiting here (Gandhi Ashram)," Kohli said after visiting Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram.
After assuming charge as Gujarat`s Governor yesterday, Kohli visited the Sabarmati Ashram, from where Gandhi spear-headed the freedom movement until he left for his Dandi Yatra.
The Gujarat Governor also visited the `Hridaya-Kunj` - the room where Mahatma Gandhi used to stay, besides Vinobha Kutir and Meera Kutir during his half an hour long visit.
In visitor-book of the Sabarmati Ashram, Kohli wrote: "Respected Gandhiji was a wonderful and proficient person. Pujya (respected) Bapu will show the light to the entire mankind and will remain the source of inspiration not only till the next century but till the next one thousand years."
Kohli has been appointed as the Gujarat governor by the Narendra Modi-led Union Government in place of Kamla Beniwal, who has been transferred to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range