Gujarat Governor OP Kohli visits Sabarmati Ashram
Ahmedabad: Newly-appointed Governor of Gujarat OP Kohli on Thursday visited Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram here following which he said he felt "blessed".
"Gandhi spent his life with simplicity depending on minimum resources. His life is inspirational for all of us. I felt blessed after visiting here (Gandhi Ashram)," Kohli said after visiting Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram.
After assuming charge as Gujarat`s Governor yesterday, Kohli visited the Sabarmati Ashram, from where Gandhi spear-headed the freedom movement until he left for his Dandi Yatra.
The Gujarat Governor also visited the `Hridaya-Kunj` - the room where Mahatma Gandhi used to stay, besides Vinobha Kutir and Meera Kutir during his half an hour long visit.
In visitor-book of the Sabarmati Ashram, Kohli wrote: "Respected Gandhiji was a wonderful and proficient person. Pujya (respected) Bapu will show the light to the entire mankind and will remain the source of inspiration not only till the next century but till the next one thousand years."
Kohli has been appointed as the Gujarat governor by the Narendra Modi-led Union Government in place of Kamla Beniwal, who has been transferred to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred