Gujarat govt issues show cause notice to IPS officer Rahul Sharma
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has issued a show cause notice to IPS officer Rahul Sharma, asking him to explain alleged irregularities during his posting as DIG (Armed Unit) at Rajkot, a top officer said on Monday.
"We have recently issued a show cause notice to IPS Rahul Sharma regarding irregularities during his tenure as DIG (Armed Unit)," Principal Secretary (Home) S K Nanda told PTI.
Sharma has been asked to give his explanation in 15 days, he said.
According to sources, the notice has been issued for alleged irregularities like awarding prizes to SRP jawans without following due administrative procedure and the communication received on Sharma`s behalf by his clerk.
Sharma, posted as DIG (Armed Unit) in Rajkot from 2009, is currently the DIG (Armed Unit) at Vadodara.
Sharma had submitted CDs containing mobile phone call records of various BJP leaders and VHP members during 2002 riots from service provider companies, to Nanavati Commission probing the riot cases.
He was earlier charged by state government for not submitting this evidence to police after his transfer.
The IPS officer had approached Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) in September 2011, challenging the chargesheet alleging him of misconduct under Section 3(1) of All India Service Rules, 1969.
He was charged for not submitting the original CDs containing mobile phone call records related to 2002 communal riots period to the respective investigating officers of riot cases or to his superiors when he was transferred from the post.
Immediately after the communal riots, Sharma was transfered to Ahmedabad from Bhavnagar and asked to assist in the investigation of riot cases.
He had collected the call details during the investigation and prepared the CDs. However, before he could analyse the evidence he was shifted to Surat.
Sharma, in his petition before CAT, had contended that he was being victimised for deposing before the Nanavati Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read