Gujarat govt issues show cause notice to IPS officer Rahul Sharma
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has issued a show cause notice to IPS officer Rahul Sharma, asking him to explain alleged irregularities during his posting as DIG (Armed Unit) at Rajkot, a top officer said on Monday.
"We have recently issued a show cause notice to IPS Rahul Sharma regarding irregularities during his tenure as DIG (Armed Unit)," Principal Secretary (Home) S K Nanda told PTI.
Sharma has been asked to give his explanation in 15 days, he said.
According to sources, the notice has been issued for alleged irregularities like awarding prizes to SRP jawans without following due administrative procedure and the communication received on Sharma`s behalf by his clerk.
Sharma, posted as DIG (Armed Unit) in Rajkot from 2009, is currently the DIG (Armed Unit) at Vadodara.
Sharma had submitted CDs containing mobile phone call records of various BJP leaders and VHP members during 2002 riots from service provider companies, to Nanavati Commission probing the riot cases.
He was earlier charged by state government for not submitting this evidence to police after his transfer.
The IPS officer had approached Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) in September 2011, challenging the chargesheet alleging him of misconduct under Section 3(1) of All India Service Rules, 1969.
He was charged for not submitting the original CDs containing mobile phone call records related to 2002 communal riots period to the respective investigating officers of riot cases or to his superiors when he was transferred from the post.
Immediately after the communal riots, Sharma was transfered to Ahmedabad from Bhavnagar and asked to assist in the investigation of riot cases.
He had collected the call details during the investigation and prepared the CDs. However, before he could analyse the evidence he was shifted to Surat.
Sharma, in his petition before CAT, had contended that he was being victimised for deposing before the Nanavati Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal