Gujarat govt misleading people with false claims: Vaghela
Rajkot: Targeting Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi, Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela on Sunday alleged the BJP government had done "nothing" in the last one decade, besides "misleading people with false claims".
"Modi claims that Gujarat is number one in terms of development, but a recent survey said that Bihar is clocking much higher growth than Gujarat," Vaghela told reporters here.
Referring to the reported distribution of magazines containing lewd jokes to government schools in Gujarat recently, Vaghela alleged that the government wielded no control over the administration.
"Modi government has no control over the state`s administration, which resulted in the copies of such magazines getting circulated in government schools in Gujarat," the Congress leader, who was recently appointed as the chairman of Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) said.
According to sources, the May 2012 issue of `Puzzle Magic` magazine distributed to all the schools of the state under the `Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan`, contained four pages of lewd jokes. However, the state government had later blacklisted the publisher and issued notices for not taking its clearance.
Likening BJP`s `Dhan Sangrah` drive to "extortion" Vaghela alleged that the money collected through the drive would be used by the party to woo the voters during upcoming assembly polls.
"This government can do anything to woo the voters and the money collected through the drive will be used for that," Vaghela added.
BJP had launched the `Dhan Sangrah` drive in April this year and set the target of Rs 500 crore, which the party corporators across the state had been asked to collect through donations from people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik