Gujarat govt misleading people with false claims: Vaghela
Rajkot: Targeting Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi, Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela on Sunday alleged the BJP government had done "nothing" in the last one decade, besides "misleading people with false claims".
"Modi claims that Gujarat is number one in terms of development, but a recent survey said that Bihar is clocking much higher growth than Gujarat," Vaghela told reporters here.
Referring to the reported distribution of magazines containing lewd jokes to government schools in Gujarat recently, Vaghela alleged that the government wielded no control over the administration.
"Modi government has no control over the state`s administration, which resulted in the copies of such magazines getting circulated in government schools in Gujarat," the Congress leader, who was recently appointed as the chairman of Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) said.
According to sources, the May 2012 issue of `Puzzle Magic` magazine distributed to all the schools of the state under the `Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan`, contained four pages of lewd jokes. However, the state government had later blacklisted the publisher and issued notices for not taking its clearance.
Likening BJP`s `Dhan Sangrah` drive to "extortion" Vaghela alleged that the money collected through the drive would be used by the party to woo the voters during upcoming assembly polls.
"This government can do anything to woo the voters and the money collected through the drive will be used for that," Vaghela added.
BJP had launched the `Dhan Sangrah` drive in April this year and set the target of Rs 500 crore, which the party corporators across the state had been asked to collect through donations from people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena