Gujarat govt rebuts Kejriwal`s claims, says he is "bluffing"
Ahmedabad: With Arvind Kejriwal escalating his attack on Narendra Modi, the Gujarat government today dismissed as "falsehood" his claims on the scenario in the state, especially on farmers` and land issues, and said the AAP leader was "bluffing".
In a point-by-point rebuttal issued for the first time, the Narendra Modi government said the claims made by Kejriwal might get him publicity but will have no effect on the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate`s "popularity" among people of the country.
The statement issued in the name of Gujarat government spokesperson was released by the state unit of BJP, a day after Kejriwal announced his candidature from Varanasi at a rally and launched a fresh offensive against Modi on the state of affairs in Gujarat.
"...He is bluffing which is in his political tradition. He might get some publicity but he will not be successful. People will give him a much-needed answer," the statement said.
Addressing a rally in Varanasi yesterday, Kejriwal attacked Modi of being an "agent" of industrial houses and said land of farmers will be snatched and given to corporates if the latter comes to power at Centre.
"Kejriwal is saying if Modi comes to power, land of farmers will be taken away forcibly....Even the top court of this country has praised the state government`s land policy," the statement said.
The government said in Gujarat land was acquired at prevailing market price unlike in other states where "farmers are not even asked before acquisition of their land".
"This is the reason why Gujarat is free from any agitation by farmers. This proves that Gujarat has pro-farmer policy," according to the statement.
On the issue of farmers` suicide, the government said the Aam Aadmi Party(AAP) leader was making false claims.
"When he (Kejriwal) came here (Gujarat), he said 800 farmers died in the state during last ten years, but now (in Varanasi) he increased the number to 5574," the statement added.
"...But the fact is that only one farmer has committed suicide due to crop failure...This is the finest example of Kejriwal`s bluffs," it said.
Earlier this month, Kejriwal had undertaken a "fact finding" tour of Gujarat and summarily rejected Modi`s claims on development in the state.
The state government also refuted Kejriwal`s claims that as many as 60,000 small and medium scale industries have shut shop in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe