Gujarat govt to build 1.20 lakh houses for poor
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Government on Friday announced in the state Assembly that over 1.20 lakh houses would be built for the poor and home-less people in the state by the end of this year.
"By the end of this year, our government will build 1,20,698 houses under Sardar Patel Housing Scheme for the poor and homeless people," said Panchayat, Rural Housing and Rural Development Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama today.
He was addressing the house during the discussion on the budgetary demands for the year 2013-14 for his department.
The minister further said that the government had initiated a state-wide survey of the slums and mud-houses, which he assured, would be completed by the end of this month and then government would start converting those slums and mud-houses into built-houses.
For the year 2013-14, the state has allocated Rs 1,650 crore for rural housing, of which Rs 1,062 crore has been earmarked for providing regular houses to BPL families in the state.
"To discourage political and ideological divide at the village level, the BJP government has floated the idea of `Samras` (uncontested) village panchayats and till today there were 10,793 village panchayats has been declared `Samras` in the state out of which 362 were women-only panchayats," he claimed.
Gujarat Assembly today passed the budgetary demands of the Food and Civil Supplies, Panchayat, Rural Housing Development and Rural Developments with majority voice vote after rejecting the cut motions presented by the opposition Congress members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India