Gujarat govt to implement CM-SETU for better medic
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government on Friday announced a new medical scheme "Chief Minister Services of Experts at Treatment Unit (CM-SETU)" to provide expert medical services to patients across the state under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
An announcement in this regard was made by State Health Minister Nitin Patel today in the state Assembly.
Patel said that a decision has been taken to provide services of expert physicians, surgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, children`s doctors, women`s doctors, radiologists, ENT specialists and pathologists to all in the state.
Patel said that specialists in various medical streams will be appointed in community health centres and sub-district and district hospitals.
The doctors would serve for three hours in these hospitals and the cost of patients` treatment would be borne by the state government, Patel said.
The doctors, the minister added, would be paid Rs 600/- for every hour`s service and they would render 18 hours of service every week.
Patel said that CM-SETU`s implementation will provide private hospitals` treatment in government hospitals.
To maximise the services provided by the doctors, the local administration should collaborate with doctors their working hours so that expert doctors with private practice can provide best consultation, operation, investigation emergency services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price