Gujarat has become the global gateway to India: Narendra Modi
Gandhinagar: Terming Gujarat as "global gateway to India" Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday asked captains of industry to utilise the Vibrant Gujarat Summit as a platform to send a "positive" message to the world to stay away from "exploitative" economic models.
"Once upon a time, Gujarat was the gateway to the globe from India. Now it is becoming the global gateway to India. We will make such a Gujarat that whole world will make it their home," Modi said addressing the inaugural session of VGS 2013.
"I reiterate that this event is not just about investments, its not just about projects which give financial returns. It’s about bringing positivity in the economic environment. It’s about inducting togetherness in our socio-economic activities. Its about bringing global and local inclusiveness in our economic process," he said.
Addressing a galaxy of global, national and local industrial leaders, he also promised to take the state`s success story a step further.
"Gujarat is a state in India which has now completed its first phase of development. Now we are ushering in the second phase; a more robust, a more dynamic and more modernised Gujarat," he said.
Talking about the past few tumultuous years of economic slowdown and its impact worldwide, Modi said, "we are meeting at a very crucial stage of our social and economic life. Last few years have not been very encouraging for the global economy. Even the fastest growing economies of the world have experienced a slowdown. This situation has impacted India also and the growth of our economy has slowed down recently."
"It will be a great service to the global community if this forum and platform can display and demonstrate the conviction and commitment for betterment of economy and betterment of the lives affected. From here we must send a positive message for the global economy," he said.
He also cautioned against exploitative economic models.
"History has repeatedly shown us that the economic models based on exploitation will not work."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug