Gujarat has made major contribution to country`s growth
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the development that took place in Gujarat over the last 12 years has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation.
Speaking at an event, he said "they may like it or not but political pundits and economists have to accept that in the last 12 years, the development that took place in Gujarat has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation".
Inaugurating the LM Kakadia MCA Women College at Amreli in Saurashtra, he stressed the importance of woman power for the development of the nation.
"It is important to integrate woman power, whether it be in economic sphere or in the decision-making," Modi said.
He also said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Meanwhile, 20 persons, mainly Congress workers, were detained before the programme and released later, Amreli Superintendent of Police Shobha Bhutada told PTI.
They were protesting seeking water and fodder supply in the district, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people