Gujarat has made major contribution to country`s growth
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the development that took place in Gujarat over the last 12 years has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation.
Speaking at an event, he said "they may like it or not but political pundits and economists have to accept that in the last 12 years, the development that took place in Gujarat has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation".
Inaugurating the LM Kakadia MCA Women College at Amreli in Saurashtra, he stressed the importance of woman power for the development of the nation.
"It is important to integrate woman power, whether it be in economic sphere or in the decision-making," Modi said.
He also said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Meanwhile, 20 persons, mainly Congress workers, were detained before the programme and released later, Amreli Superintendent of Police Shobha Bhutada told PTI.
They were protesting seeking water and fodder supply in the district, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?