Gujarat has made major contribution to country`s growth
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the development that took place in Gujarat over the last 12 years has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation.
Speaking at an event, he said "they may like it or not but political pundits and economists have to accept that in the last 12 years, the development that took place in Gujarat has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation".
Inaugurating the LM Kakadia MCA Women College at Amreli in Saurashtra, he stressed the importance of woman power for the development of the nation.
"It is important to integrate woman power, whether it be in economic sphere or in the decision-making," Modi said.
He also said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Meanwhile, 20 persons, mainly Congress workers, were detained before the programme and released later, Amreli Superintendent of Police Shobha Bhutada told PTI.
They were protesting seeking water and fodder supply in the district, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion