Gujarat HC dismisses PIL challenging reliability of EVMs
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday dismissed the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the reliability of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) at the admission stage itself.
A division bench of Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya and
Justice Anant Dave dismissed the PIL filed by advocate Girish
Das saying that it was not filed in a format prescribed by the
Das in his PIL had sought direction from the court for the
Central and state Election Commission (EC) to improve the
facilities in EVMs to ensure transparency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan