Gujarat HC dismisses PIL challenging reliability of EVMs
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday dismissed the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the reliability of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) at the admission stage itself.
A division bench of Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya and
Justice Anant Dave dismissed the PIL filed by advocate Girish
Das saying that it was not filed in a format prescribed by the
Das in his PIL had sought direction from the court for the
Central and state Election Commission (EC) to improve the
facilities in EVMs to ensure transparency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala