Gujarat HC dismisses PIL challenging reliability of EVMs
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday dismissed the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the reliability of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) at the admission stage itself.
A division bench of Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya and
Justice Anant Dave dismissed the PIL filed by advocate Girish
Das saying that it was not filed in a format prescribed by the
Das in his PIL had sought direction from the court for the
Central and state Election Commission (EC) to improve the
facilities in EVMs to ensure transparency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug