Gujarat HC issues notice to former MoS, seeks reply over woman`s plea
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court issued a notice to former union Minister of State for Railways Naran Rathwa and sought his response over a plea filed by a woman demanding the status of his legal wife, claiming he has fathered her two sons.
When contacted on the issue, Rathwa denied all the allegations and said he has filed a defamation case against the woman in Vadodara court.
Justice AJ Desai had sent the notice to Rathwa on July 9 and directed him to file a reply on or before August 12, the day of hearing.
An Amreli-based resident Rekha Waghela in Saurashtra region had alleged in the plea that Rathwa, a five-term MP from Chhota Udepur constituency of Gujarat, had fathered her two sons and sought a direction to conduct a DNA test to prove the parentage.
Waghela had first moved the Amreli district court alleging `domestic violence` by Rathwa. However, her plea was turned down in May last year on the ground that the offence can only be registered by a `legal wife`.
Challenging the order of the district court, Waghela then filed a plea before the High Court last year in November, seeking the status of wife for her from Rathwa and also demanded DNA test of her children and Rathwa to prove their relationship.
The petitioner has demanded financial aid from Rathwa as interim relief.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know