Gujarat HC order a jolt to Modi: Digvijay
Lucknow: Welcoming the Gujarat High Court
verdict upholding the appointment of Lokayukta by the Governor, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said the order is a jolt to Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"We are happy that Lokayukta will be set up in Gujarat
after 11 years. This is the beginning of a jolt. Many more
such jolts will be there for Narendra Modi," he told reporters
The Gujarat High Court today upheld the appointment of
Lokayukta by the Governor rejecting the state government`s
plea, three months after it gave a split verdict.
Digvijay Singh also attacked Anna Hazare saying he was
surprised that the social activist could not see corruption in
He did not sit on fast there for setting up a Lokayukta,
the Congress leader said adding "instead he praised Modi."
"Media says there are 120 crore people behind Anna, but
now even elected representatives of his own village Ralegaon
Siddhi have joined the NCP," the Congress leader said.
He said Hazare had given a certificate of honesty to
Ramdev against whom there is a notice from the Enforcement
Directorate which the CBI is probing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan tightening noose around JuD fundraising?
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha
- Zee Entertainment launches Zee.One in Germany
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan