Gujarat HC rejects Rubabuddin`s plea
Ahmedabad: Upholding the lower court order,
Gujarat High Court today rejected the plea of Sohrabuddin
Sheikh`s brother Rubabuddin to join court proceedings as a
party in the bail application of former Gujarat minister Amit
Justice Akil Kureshi rejected Rubabuddin`s petition but
allowed his advocate to file a written submission in the CBI
court through public prosecutor during the hearing of the
Rubabuddin`s counsel Mukul Sinha submitted that Shah,
former Minister of State for Home, was an influential person
and if granted bail could prove dangerous for investigation in the matter.
Sinha had further contended that Rubabuddin was the
original complainant upon whose petition the Supreme Court
directed the state CID to probe Sohrabuddin`s killing and
later transferred the case to CBI, and hence he should be heard while deciding on Shah`s bail.
In the last week of August, CBI Judge G K Upadhyay
rejected Rubabuddin`s plea saying that he had no locus standi
in opposing the bail of Shah, who is facing charges of murder,
abduction, extortion and criminal conspiracy in the fake
encounter of Sohrabuddin and killing of his wife Kaursarbi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next