Gujarat home department transfers ten IPS officers
Ahmedabad: Gujarat home department today
ordered transfers of 10 IPS officers, an officials statement
District Superintendent of Police (DSP), Kheda, Himanshu
Shukla would be taking charge as Deputy Commissioner of Police
(DCP) Ahmedabad crime branch.
The post of DCP at Ahmedabad crime branch has been
lying vacant following the arrest of suspended DCP Abhay
Chudasama by the CBI in April in connection with the fake
encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and alleged killing of his
wife Kausar Bi.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Crime, Surat
Subhash Trivedi, who had accidentally shot a fellow officer
during an anti-terror mock drill at Surat airport early this
year, has been transfered to Jamnagar as District
Superintendent of Police (DSP).
DSP Bhavnagar R V Asari has been transferred to Kheda to
Trivedi would replace DSP R V Jotangia, who has been
transferred to state CID (crime) as superintendent of police
(SP), economic offences wing.
While, Sabarmati Jail Superintendent V Chandrashekhar
has been transferred to Bhavnagar as DSP, replacing Asari.
Chandrashekhar had drawn flak from Gujarat High Court
soon after he took charge, following an incident where an
undertrial prisoner was killed during a brawl inside the
jail premises last year.
The HC had taken suo motu cognisance of the incident
and had sought answers from the jail authorities about
security of undertrial in state prisons.
Ahmedabad cyber crime DCP M R Agrawal has been
transferred to as DCP Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd.
M S Bharada has from the Gujarat Police Service (GPS)
has been promoted to IPS cadre and has been transferred to as
DCP, zone III, Ahmedabad city.
While, H R Choudhary another GPS officer also has been
promoted to IPS cadre and give charge of SP Porbander Jail.
Choudhary would replace R J Pargi who has been
transferred to Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad as jail SP.
SP Vadodara Central Jail J B Mandviya has been
transferred as SP Marine Sector Command, Bhuj, Kutch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in