Gujarat housing board scam: Congress stages statewide protests
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Friday organised statewide demonstrations demanding a proper inquiry after Chief Minister Anandi Patel cancelled the house allotment draw of more than 8,000 houses built by the state Housing Board yesterday.
Congress workers, led by city Congress president Chetan Raval, gathered outside the Board office in Naranpura area here and shouted slogans against the officials and the Gujarat state government before handing over a memorandum to Gujarat Housing Board officials.
"The CM was forced to cancel the draw yesterday, which proves corruption and mass irregularities in conducting the draw. However, the CM claimed that it was just a technical error and tried to wind up the issue. Thus, we have decided to expose the BJP government and staged protests across the state," Gujarat Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said here.
Besides Ahmedabad, similar protests were organised at Rajkot, Vadodara and Surat by Congress workers and party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'