Gujarat housing board scam: Congress stages statewide protests
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Friday organised statewide demonstrations demanding a proper inquiry after Chief Minister Anandi Patel cancelled the house allotment draw of more than 8,000 houses built by the state Housing Board yesterday.
Congress workers, led by city Congress president Chetan Raval, gathered outside the Board office in Naranpura area here and shouted slogans against the officials and the Gujarat state government before handing over a memorandum to Gujarat Housing Board officials.
"The CM was forced to cancel the draw yesterday, which proves corruption and mass irregularities in conducting the draw. However, the CM claimed that it was just a technical error and tried to wind up the issue. Thus, we have decided to expose the BJP government and staged protests across the state," Gujarat Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said here.
Besides Ahmedabad, similar protests were organised at Rajkot, Vadodara and Surat by Congress workers and party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand