Gujarat housing board scam: Congress stages statewide protests
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Friday organised statewide demonstrations demanding a proper inquiry after Chief Minister Anandi Patel cancelled the house allotment draw of more than 8,000 houses built by the state Housing Board yesterday.
Congress workers, led by city Congress president Chetan Raval, gathered outside the Board office in Naranpura area here and shouted slogans against the officials and the Gujarat state government before handing over a memorandum to Gujarat Housing Board officials.
"The CM was forced to cancel the draw yesterday, which proves corruption and mass irregularities in conducting the draw. However, the CM claimed that it was just a technical error and tried to wind up the issue. Thus, we have decided to expose the BJP government and staged protests across the state," Gujarat Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said here.
Besides Ahmedabad, similar protests were organised at Rajkot, Vadodara and Surat by Congress workers and party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale