Gujarat is No. 1 in implementing MNREGA: Gujarat minister
Gandhinagar: Gujarat`s Rural Development Minister Jayanti Kavadiya on Tuesday claimed that the state was number one in India in implementing the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA).
During his speech in the Assembly while seeking the House`s approval for budgetary allocations to his department, Kavadiya claimed that the Gujarat government had alloted Rs 69 crores for MNREGA for the year 2014-15, while the Centre is expected to give Rs 626 crore for the same.
"In the previous year, Gujarat remained number one across India for completing 77 per cent of total work undertaken for MNREGA in the state. In addition, participation of Scheduled Tribes (ST) under MNREGA was 41 per cent in Gujarat, which is 24 per cent more than the national average of just 17 per cent," said the Minister of State for Panchayat, Rural Housing and Rural Development in his speech in the Assembly.
Kavadiya gave details about several schemes and projects to be implemented in the current year, including the `Smart E-Gram Centre`, an upgrade of the already running `E-Gram Centres`, where several village panchayat offices are connected with broadband to provide different certificates and land records to villagers through online government portals.
"At present, 13,685 villages are already connected with a 96 mbps speed Internet connection. In this year, we plan to connect all those villages with more than a 5,000 population, using cable network to upgrade E-Gram Centres into Smart E-Gram centres," Kavadiya said.
"This initiative will enable kiosk-based banking at their doorstep. After the successful implementation of this scheme, Gujarat will become number one in connecting each and every village through the Internet" Kavadiya claimed in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt