Gujarat jail authorities to reply on proceeding through V/C
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday sought a
fresh response from Sabarmati jail authorities in Ahmedabad on
a plea by the Delhi police to conduct proceedings against the
serial blasts accused through video conferencing.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja directed
the Sabarmati Jail authorities to send their reply whether
video links could be established from the prison to conduct
proceedings against 11 accused, lodged there, by September 29.
Earlier, the Maharashtra jail authorities had replied
to a similar court query on the application of the Delhi
Police which said since the accused were not being produced in
the courts despite production warrants, the jail authorities
may be directed to arrange their production through video
conferencing in the interest of justice in the cases.
The Maharashtra jail authorities had stated that they
could make available video conferencing facilities from Arthur
Road jail where a few of the accused were then lodged for
their case pending before a MCOCA court.
Meanwhile, the court issued fresh production warrants
for September 30 against accused Mohd Saif, Zeeshan Ahmed,
Mohd Shakeel, Zia-ur Rehman, Saquib Nissar, Quamuddin Kapadia
and Mohd Sadiq Sheikh, who are in Ahmedabad, for investigation
into their alleged role in serial blasts in Ahmedabad on July
26 last year.
A series of blasts had rocked the national capital on
September 13 last year.
Other accused, Mansoor Asghar Peerbhoy, Mobin Kader
Sheikh, Akbar Ismail Chaudhary and Asif Basir Sheikh, who are
accused of sending terror emails to different media
organisations just minutes before the serial blasts, were also
issued production warrants for September 30.
They have also been lodged in Sabarmati jail for their
alleged role in Ahmedabad serial blasts.
Of all the accused, only Mohd Hakim, who is lodged in
Tihar jail here, was produced before the court which sent him
to judicial custody till September 30.
Delhi police have already filed five chargesheets in as
many cases registered in connection with the serial blasts in
the national capital on September 13 last year which had
claimed the lives of 26 persons and left over 135 others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users