Gujarat: Man survives 2000-feet fall in Pavagadh valley
Vadodara: A 28-year-old man has survived a 2000-feet fall from Pavagadh mountain in Gujarat and is rescued from the valley on Sunday, fire officials said.
"Bharat Bhakti, along with his friends, went to Pavagadh to take darshan of goddess Bhadrakali yesterday. After paying obeisance at the temple, located on top of the mountain, he missed a step and fell into the valley," they said.
On receipt of information, the Vadodara municipal corporation formed a rescue team, comprising fire officials and mountaineers of an NGO, under senior fire official Bhargav Vyas to trace Bharat.
According to Vyas, the bushes and thick grass in the valley could have saved Bharat from meeting his fatal end.
"A mobile phone in his (Bharat`s) pocket helped the rescue team to trace him. He was lying in bushes and grass surrounded by stones. Bharat was pulled out from the valley at around 15:30 hrs on a stretcher tied with rope," he said, adding inclement weather delayed the rescue operations.
Bharat`s father Hasmukhbhai told PTI that "Despite such a trauma, Bharat is in sound health except fracturing his hand".
Bharat is recuperating at a hospital in Halol town, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic