Gujarat: Man survives 2000-feet fall in Pavagadh valley
Vadodara: A 28-year-old man has survived a 2000-feet fall from Pavagadh mountain in Gujarat and is rescued from the valley on Sunday, fire officials said.
"Bharat Bhakti, along with his friends, went to Pavagadh to take darshan of goddess Bhadrakali yesterday. After paying obeisance at the temple, located on top of the mountain, he missed a step and fell into the valley," they said.
On receipt of information, the Vadodara municipal corporation formed a rescue team, comprising fire officials and mountaineers of an NGO, under senior fire official Bhargav Vyas to trace Bharat.
According to Vyas, the bushes and thick grass in the valley could have saved Bharat from meeting his fatal end.
"A mobile phone in his (Bharat`s) pocket helped the rescue team to trace him. He was lying in bushes and grass surrounded by stones. Bharat was pulled out from the valley at around 15:30 hrs on a stretcher tied with rope," he said, adding inclement weather delayed the rescue operations.
Bharat`s father Hasmukhbhai told PTI that "Despite such a trauma, Bharat is in sound health except fracturing his hand".
Bharat is recuperating at a hospital in Halol town, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie