Gujarat: Man survives 2000-feet fall in Pavagadh valley
Vadodara: A 28-year-old man has survived a 2000-feet fall from Pavagadh mountain in Gujarat and is rescued from the valley on Sunday, fire officials said.
"Bharat Bhakti, along with his friends, went to Pavagadh to take darshan of goddess Bhadrakali yesterday. After paying obeisance at the temple, located on top of the mountain, he missed a step and fell into the valley," they said.
On receipt of information, the Vadodara municipal corporation formed a rescue team, comprising fire officials and mountaineers of an NGO, under senior fire official Bhargav Vyas to trace Bharat.
According to Vyas, the bushes and thick grass in the valley could have saved Bharat from meeting his fatal end.
"A mobile phone in his (Bharat`s) pocket helped the rescue team to trace him. He was lying in bushes and grass surrounded by stones. Bharat was pulled out from the valley at around 15:30 hrs on a stretcher tied with rope," he said, adding inclement weather delayed the rescue operations.
Bharat`s father Hasmukhbhai told PTI that "Despite such a trauma, Bharat is in sound health except fracturing his hand".
Bharat is recuperating at a hospital in Halol town, sources said.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success