Gujarat: Minor rape victim stable after suicide attempt
Ahmedabad: The condition of a minor girl, who tried to commit suicide following a gang-rape three weeks ago, was now stable, resident medical officer of V S Hospital here said on Sunday.
"She is stable now. She was on a ventilator yesterday, but now she has been put on stand-by ventilator," resident medical officer of the hospital told PTI.
According to the police, the 14-year-old was kidnapped by two persons who were in a car in Dholka town on December 6, and raped. The accused were identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak.
Her relatives lodged a complaint on December 14. Both the accused are absconding.
Unable to bear a pain in her stomach, the girl drank poison yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack