Gujarat: Minor rape victim stable after suicide attempt
Ahmedabad: The condition of a minor girl, who tried to commit suicide following a gang-rape three weeks ago, was now stable, resident medical officer of V S Hospital here said on Sunday.
"She is stable now. She was on a ventilator yesterday, but now she has been put on stand-by ventilator," resident medical officer of the hospital told PTI.
According to the police, the 14-year-old was kidnapped by two persons who were in a car in Dholka town on December 6, and raped. The accused were identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak.
Her relatives lodged a complaint on December 14. Both the accused are absconding.
Unable to bear a pain in her stomach, the girl drank poison yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam