Gujarat: Minor rape victim stable after suicide attempt
Ahmedabad: The condition of a minor girl, who tried to commit suicide following a gang-rape three weeks ago, was now stable, resident medical officer of V S Hospital here said on Sunday.
"She is stable now. She was on a ventilator yesterday, but now she has been put on stand-by ventilator," resident medical officer of the hospital told PTI.
According to the police, the 14-year-old was kidnapped by two persons who were in a car in Dholka town on December 6, and raped. The accused were identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak.
Her relatives lodged a complaint on December 14. Both the accused are absconding.
Unable to bear a pain in her stomach, the girl drank poison yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB