Gujarat: Minor rape victim stable after suicide attempt
Ahmedabad: The condition of a minor girl, who tried to commit suicide following a gang-rape three weeks ago, was now stable, resident medical officer of V S Hospital here said on Sunday.
"She is stable now. She was on a ventilator yesterday, but now she has been put on stand-by ventilator," resident medical officer of the hospital told PTI.
According to the police, the 14-year-old was kidnapped by two persons who were in a car in Dholka town on December 6, and raped. The accused were identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak.
Her relatives lodged a complaint on December 14. Both the accused are absconding.
Unable to bear a pain in her stomach, the girl drank poison yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir