Gujarat: Money stolen from ATM, 3rd case in 9 days
Vadodara: Rs nine lakh in cash was stolen
from an ATM centre of Punjab National Bank (PNB) located on
the outskirts of the city, police said on Sunday.
This is third such incident in the district in the
last nine days and second in the past 24 hours, they said
adding that cash worth over Rs 19.22 lakh was stolen in these
"The burglars managed to break open the combination lock
and took away cash worth over Rs 9 lakh, without causing
damage to the ATM last night," PNB official Mahadevan
Iyer told PTI.
"They seemed to be well aware about the safe," he
Yesterday, Rs two lakh in cash was stolen from an ATM
centre of Axis bank near here, while on March 9, cash worth Rs
8.22 lakh was stolen from the ATM of Union Bank of India
located in Bajwa village on the outskirts of the city.
There were no security guards posted at any of these
three ATMs, police said, adding that further investigations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre