Gujarat: Money stolen from ATM, 3rd case in 9 days
Vadodara: Rs nine lakh in cash was stolen
from an ATM centre of Punjab National Bank (PNB) located on
the outskirts of the city, police said on Sunday.
This is third such incident in the district in the
last nine days and second in the past 24 hours, they said
adding that cash worth over Rs 19.22 lakh was stolen in these
"The burglars managed to break open the combination lock
and took away cash worth over Rs 9 lakh, without causing
damage to the ATM last night," PNB official Mahadevan
Iyer told PTI.
"They seemed to be well aware about the safe," he
Yesterday, Rs two lakh in cash was stolen from an ATM
centre of Axis bank near here, while on March 9, cash worth Rs
8.22 lakh was stolen from the ATM of Union Bank of India
located in Bajwa village on the outskirts of the city.
There were no security guards posted at any of these
three ATMs, police said, adding that further investigations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31