Gujarat: Money stolen from ATM, 3rd case in 9 days
Vadodara: Rs nine lakh in cash was stolen
from an ATM centre of Punjab National Bank (PNB) located on
the outskirts of the city, police said on Sunday.
This is third such incident in the district in the
last nine days and second in the past 24 hours, they said
adding that cash worth over Rs 19.22 lakh was stolen in these
"The burglars managed to break open the combination lock
and took away cash worth over Rs 9 lakh, without causing
damage to the ATM last night," PNB official Mahadevan
Iyer told PTI.
"They seemed to be well aware about the safe," he
Yesterday, Rs two lakh in cash was stolen from an ATM
centre of Axis bank near here, while on March 9, cash worth Rs
8.22 lakh was stolen from the ATM of Union Bank of India
located in Bajwa village on the outskirts of the city.
There were no security guards posted at any of these
three ATMs, police said, adding that further investigations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand