Gujarat, MP faltering in Modi govt`s 100-day target for toilets
New Delhi: BJP-ruled Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are among the 17 odd states which are faltering in achieving Narendra Modi Government`s 100-day target for constructing separate toilets for girls in schools, according to a government report.
Other BJP-ruled states including Goa, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan figure in the list of the states which are not on the path of achieving 100 days` target in constructing individual household latrine (IHHL), it said.
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation prepared the report days after the Prime Minister asked corporate sector to help build separate toilets for girls in schools across the country by next year.
"States not achieving 100 days target as of now are: -Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Puducherry, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Uttarakhand," said the report on states` performance on construction of school toilets.
Soon after the new government came to power, the Ministry had finalised targets for the first 100 days of the new Government under various components of Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA).
"In construction of school toilets the performance during 2014-15 (so far) of Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Odisha, Puducherry, Tripura, Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Mizoram, Jharkhand, Kerala and West Bengal is below the national averagae," it said.
The report will be analysed at a one day workshop for state ministers and secretaries for review of sanitation schemes convened by the Centre here on August 25.
The report said in construction of individual household latrine, the performance during 2014-15 so far, Goa, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Tripura, Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir, UttarPradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha, Punjab, Bihar, Assam, Meghalaya, Himachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Manipur, Kerala, Chattisgarh and Arunachal Pradesh is below the national average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'