Gujarat, MP faltering in Modi govt`s 100-day target for toilets
New Delhi: BJP-ruled Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are among the 17 odd states which are faltering in achieving Narendra Modi Government`s 100-day target for constructing separate toilets for girls in schools, according to a government report.
Other BJP-ruled states including Goa, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan figure in the list of the states which are not on the path of achieving 100 days` target in constructing individual household latrine (IHHL), it said.
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation prepared the report days after the Prime Minister asked corporate sector to help build separate toilets for girls in schools across the country by next year.
"States not achieving 100 days target as of now are: -Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Puducherry, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Uttarakhand," said the report on states` performance on construction of school toilets.
Soon after the new government came to power, the Ministry had finalised targets for the first 100 days of the new Government under various components of Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA).
"In construction of school toilets the performance during 2014-15 (so far) of Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Odisha, Puducherry, Tripura, Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Mizoram, Jharkhand, Kerala and West Bengal is below the national averagae," it said.
The report will be analysed at a one day workshop for state ministers and secretaries for review of sanitation schemes convened by the Centre here on August 25.
The report said in construction of individual household latrine, the performance during 2014-15 so far, Goa, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Tripura, Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir, UttarPradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha, Punjab, Bihar, Assam, Meghalaya, Himachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Manipur, Kerala, Chattisgarh and Arunachal Pradesh is below the national average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed