Gujarat: Narendra Modi greets governor
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, who is at loggerheads with Governor Kamla Beniwal over
the Lokayukta`s appointment, on Thursday met her at the Rajbhavan to
greet her on the occasion of Gujarati New Year.
It was for the first time that Modi met the Governor in
person since the controversy broke out over the appointment of
Later, Modi also met the public at the Circuit house
after attending a get-together of IPS officers.
Following the appointment of retd Justice R A Mehta as
Lokayukta by the Governor, on August 26, Modi government had
challenged it in the Gujarat High Court, terming the decision
as unconstitutional and unilateral.
The High Court, however, gave a split verdict on the
issue and referred the matter to a third Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon