Gujarat: Narendra Modi greets governor
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, who is at loggerheads with Governor Kamla Beniwal over
the Lokayukta`s appointment, on Thursday met her at the Rajbhavan to
greet her on the occasion of Gujarati New Year.
It was for the first time that Modi met the Governor in
person since the controversy broke out over the appointment of
Later, Modi also met the public at the Circuit house
after attending a get-together of IPS officers.
Following the appointment of retd Justice R A Mehta as
Lokayukta by the Governor, on August 26, Modi government had
challenged it in the Gujarat High Court, terming the decision
as unconstitutional and unilateral.
The High Court, however, gave a split verdict on the
issue and referred the matter to a third Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation