Gujarat: No headway in probe into gang-rape of tribal women
Ahmedabad: Investigation into the alleged gang-rape of three tribal women and a minor girl at Viramgam near here on the night of October 18 has made no progress yet.
In the incident , the victims were also looted of cash and jewellery worth Rs 50,000. The accused are yet to be identified.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Girish Pandya said, "We are studying the modus operandi in similar incidents in the past and are hopeful of a breakthrough within two-three days.
"Gangs which are involved in such loot-and-rape cases move around, shifting their base, making it difficult to trace them," Pandya said, adding that Local Crime Branch and Special Operation Group were also taking part in the probe.
The victims, originally from Garbada in Dahod district, were working on a construction site of Narmada canal project. They were sleeping in temporary tents near the site, about a kilometre away from Hansalpur village, when the incident took place.
The assailants, total seven, intimidated men and the children before raping the victims and fleeing with Rs 30,000 cash and silver jewellery worth Rs 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter