Gujarat `nowhere` compared to UP: Shivpal
Etah (UP): Gujarat stands nowhere compared to Uttar Pradesh in terms of development and there is "utmost" progress here, UP Cabinet Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav said on Wednesday.
"We would not like to have Uttar Pradesh like Gujarat. Gujarat stands nowhere in terms of development as it has limited population compared to UP. There is utmost progress in UP," Yadav said here after inaugurating a bridge.
He said the Samajwadi Party government had fulfilled the promises made to people and implemented several developmental projects and welfare schemes unlike any other state government.
"Our government is known for development and progress for the people. We distributed laptops to students, started Kanyavidyadhan Yojna, education and monitoring help to the women. We are doing our utmost," the PWD minister said at Kadarganj village, about 55 kms from here.
Attacking the previous BSP regime, he said no development works were taken up during Mayawati`s rule and alleged that government money was usurped by corrupt officers and BSP leaders.
Yadav asserted that in five years, UP would be the most progressive state in the country, and said, "We have done a lot for the riot affected people. We have given Rs 5 lakh for farmers accident claims and are providing pension to farmers."
Inaugurating the Kadarganj Ganga Ghat Bridge, he said the distance from here to Buduan, Bareilly, Etah and Mainpuri was shortened due to it.
He distributed laptops to 1938 students.
The Minister also participated as chief guest of district corporative banks` yearly meeting and free eye-camp.
Yadav appealed to the people to vote for SP in the Lok Sabha polls so that there could be all-round progress of UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues