Gujarat on alert after Bodh Gaya blasts: DGP
Ahmedabad: An alert has been sounded across Gujarat in the wake of the serial blasts that rocked Mahabodhi Temple in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya district on Sunday, Gujarat Director General of Police (DGP) Amitabh Pathak said here today.
"An alert has been issued across the entire state ahead of the Rathyatra procession on Wednesday and also in the wake of the blasts in Mahabodhi Temple in Bihar. All police units in the state have been alerted," Pathak said.
When asked whether security would be increased across temples and other religious places in the state, he said, "Security is already there. As of now, we don`t have any apprehensions and things are under control."
Nine serial explosions rocked the internationally renowned temple town of Bodh Gaya, including four in the Mahabodhi Temple complex, injuring two monks in the blasts.
The Mahabodhi Temple is frequented by Buddhist pilgrims from Sri Lanka, China and Japan and the whole of southeast Asia among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested