Gujarat parents let childless couple retain their son
Vadodara: For parents of Bhailu Rathwa, reunion with their abducted two-year-old son after a gap of over two years, was an overwhelming moment as it was for a childless couple from Mumbai who have taken the kid under their wings.
In a rare gesture, Rathwas, who are biological parents of the boy, have de
cided to let Bhosales of Mumbai retain Bhailu.
"We have allowed them (Bhosale couple) to retain Bhailu with them as he has a bright future in Mumbai, where he is attending an English medium school and being looked after well", the boy`s father Ramesh Rathwa said.
The two-year-old had been abducted by one Rekha when he was playing outside his house in Bodeli town in 2010.
She was recently arrested by Surat police who traced Bhailu in Mumbai.
"Rekha told us that the Bhosale couple adopted Bhailu from her. We are verifying her claims", police said.
The Bhosale couple met Rathwas at Bodeli town on February 8 along with Bhailu who is five-year-old now.
"We took the decision to let Bhosales retain Bhailu for his bright future and not for monetary considerations", said Ramesh who works as a daily wage labourer along with his wife Armi.
The Rathwas have two daughters and a son besides Bhailu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!