Gujarat Police chief dies while holidaying in Thailand
Phuket: Gujarat Police chief Amitabh Pathak, who was holidaying here with his family, died of a heart attack today.
Pathak, 58, was swimming when he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, officials of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok told PTI.
Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa said the mission is extending all assistance to Pathak`s family.
Pathak had gone to Thailand with his family for a vacation. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
An IPS officer of the 1977 batch, Pathak was appointed Director General of Police of Gujarat on February 27 this year.
On Independence Day, Pathak fainted while standing near the podium where Chief Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech at Bhuj in Gujarat. At the time, he said he suddenly felt fatigued and fell down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows
- Leisure time! Akshay Kumar lazes around in sunshine before the grand release of 'Housefull 3'! – See pic
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28