Gujarat Police chief dies while holidaying in Thailand
Phuket: Gujarat Police chief Amitabh Pathak, who was holidaying here with his family, died of a heart attack today.
Pathak, 58, was swimming when he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, officials of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok told PTI.
Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa said the mission is extending all assistance to Pathak`s family.
Pathak had gone to Thailand with his family for a vacation. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
An IPS officer of the 1977 batch, Pathak was appointed Director General of Police of Gujarat on February 27 this year.
On Independence Day, Pathak fainted while standing near the podium where Chief Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech at Bhuj in Gujarat. At the time, he said he suddenly felt fatigued and fell down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon