Gujarat Police chief dies while holidaying in Thailand
Phuket: Gujarat Police chief Amitabh Pathak, who was holidaying here with his family, died of a heart attack today.
Pathak, 58, was swimming when he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, officials of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok told PTI.
Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa said the mission is extending all assistance to Pathak`s family.
Pathak had gone to Thailand with his family for a vacation. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
An IPS officer of the 1977 batch, Pathak was appointed Director General of Police of Gujarat on February 27 this year.
On Independence Day, Pathak fainted while standing near the podium where Chief Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech at Bhuj in Gujarat. At the time, he said he suddenly felt fatigued and fell down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport