Gujarat Police chief dies while holidaying in Thailand
Phuket: Gujarat Police chief Amitabh Pathak, who was holidaying here with his family, died of a heart attack today.
Pathak, 58, was swimming when he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, officials of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok told PTI.
Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa said the mission is extending all assistance to Pathak`s family.
Pathak had gone to Thailand with his family for a vacation. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
An IPS officer of the 1977 batch, Pathak was appointed Director General of Police of Gujarat on February 27 this year.
On Independence Day, Pathak fainted while standing near the podium where Chief Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech at Bhuj in Gujarat. At the time, he said he suddenly felt fatigued and fell down.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- 680 central forces companies for Bengal poll fifth phase
- VVIP chopper scam: Arrest Sonia Gandhi if you have guts, Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP
- Militant killed in encounter in J&K's Kupwara
- NASA's Orion for Exploration Mission-1 lifted for pressure testing
- It's OUT! Anushka Sharma's 'dhobi pachaad' first look from 'Sultan'!