Gujarat police file FIR against CPI (Maoist)
Surat: The Gujarat police, on Friday, filed
a comprehensive FIR against CPI (Maoist) in the state to
investigate their activities and identify persons involved in
the spread of the banned organisation in the state.
Though Gujarat has a very large tribal belt, it has
so far remained unaffected by the problems of naxalism.
The complaint filed by the police, however, indicates
that the banned CPI (Maoist) is trying to spread its network
in the state especially in tribal regions of South Gujarat.
"We have been compiling various interrogation reports
of CPI (Maoists) activists arrested in other states and also
examining various documents being distributed by them in the
tribal belt of South Gujarat and intelligence reports
suggesting their activities," Surat range Inspector General A
K Singh said.
"We have analysed the source materials and we believe
that their activities in South Gujarat are in continuation
with their activities in other naxal-affected states of the
country," Singh told agency.
"This is the first comprehensive FIR registered
against them that will give legal power to police. Earlier,
only minor complaints were filed against them," he added.
"This FIR will give us power to investigate and find
out spread of CPI (Maoist) in South Gujarat. It is a banned
organisation and we need to track their every movement," he
The FIR filed by the police says, "based on the
variety of source material, certain dimension of
organisational activities of the CPI (Maoist) has been coming
to notice in the region of South Gujarat."
"An offence has been registered under the various
provisions of IPC and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act to
enable full investigation into the matter in terms of their
plans, activities and persons involved," the FIR further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court