Gujarat: Police fires teargas shells at Cong rally
Gandhinagar: Police on Thursday used batons and
fired tear gas shells to disperse Congress activists, who took
out a protest march without permission from authorities, while
detaining 200 people including Gujarat unit Congress president
The Congress workers were detained after they took out a
rally, coinciding with the opening day of the Budget session
of the Gujarat Assembly, without taking permission from the
authorities concerned, police said.
The opposition Congress was given permission to hold a
public meeting at Pathik Ashram and not the rally. However,
party workers led by Modhvadia defied the order and went ahead
with the protest march, which was later joined by farmers,
Modhvadia was among 200 party activists detained for
disrupting law and order here, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'