Gujarat police on `stand to` following terror alert
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat police have been
asked to be on `stand to` in the wake of an alert issued by
the Central intelligence agencies over a possibility of a
terror strike in the state, a top police official said.
"All forces in major cities and across the state have
been put on `stand to` mode following the terror alert issued
by the Centre," ADGP (Law and Order) SK Sinha said to a news agency.
He said that quick response teams (QRTs) in major
cities, special operation groups (SOGs) in districts and
Chetak commandos have been alerted and deployed at strategic
positions across the state.
"Checking of suspected vehicles, and those at entry
and exits of cities like Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Rajkot
have been initiated," Sinha said.
These cities have also been provided with additional
units of state reserve police (SRP), he said, adding that
additional SRP has been provided to the railways also.
The ADGP said that marine police along the coastline
of the state have also been put on high alert. They would be
patrolling the sea. "Besides this, the centre has also alerted
the Coast Guard which has already increased patrolling along
the coastline," he added.
Security across the state had been increased following
an anonymous letter received by intelligence agencies
threatening of triggering a bomb blast in Gujarat on May 25.
Following this, alert has been sounded by the Centre to
respective state intelligence agencies.
Gujarat shares both land and sea borders with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!