Gujarat polls: Congress manifesto promises `real` development and `safety`
Ahmedabad: Terming Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s claims of impressive development as `blatant lies` and `misleading`, the Congress on Tuesday released its poll manifesto promising `real development along with safety` if it is voted to power in the upcoming assembly elections.
The release of the Congress poll manifesto comes close on the heels of Modi`s release of the BJP`s election manifesto on Sunday.
The Congress manifesto promises a slew of measures which it said, would ensure development of common people, and not merely a few industrialists, by providing plots of 100 square yards and houses at cheaper rates to rural as well as urban women respectively, under an `own your own house scheme`.
The manifesto has promised free tablets to class 10 and class 12 students, besides free laptops to all college students.
"The manner in which the BJP government is carrying it out, can this be called economic development? The result of such an ill-fated economic policy has proved disastrous for the people of Gujarat," Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said here while releasing the party`s manifesto.
"The BJP has used vulgar propaganda, communalism and blatant lies to hide its failures, but we pledge today that we will bring real development along with the safety and security of people," he said.
"If voted to power, the Congress will provide real development in the state, will re-establish the rights of the people which this BJP government has snatched away and provide safety to the people," he said.
Incidentally, the Congress manifesto has been named as `the blueprint of Gujarat`s future 2012-2017`, whereas Modi had termed his party`s manifesto as, "the blueprint for development of all sections of society".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!