Gujarat polls: Congress manifesto promises `real` development and `safety`
Ahmedabad: Terming Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s claims of impressive development as `blatant lies` and `misleading`, the Congress on Tuesday released its poll manifesto promising `real development along with safety` if it is voted to power in the upcoming assembly elections.
The release of the Congress poll manifesto comes close on the heels of Modi`s release of the BJP`s election manifesto on Sunday.
The Congress manifesto promises a slew of measures which it said, would ensure development of common people, and not merely a few industrialists, by providing plots of 100 square yards and houses at cheaper rates to rural as well as urban women respectively, under an `own your own house scheme`.
The manifesto has promised free tablets to class 10 and class 12 students, besides free laptops to all college students.
"The manner in which the BJP government is carrying it out, can this be called economic development? The result of such an ill-fated economic policy has proved disastrous for the people of Gujarat," Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said here while releasing the party`s manifesto.
"The BJP has used vulgar propaganda, communalism and blatant lies to hide its failures, but we pledge today that we will bring real development along with the safety and security of people," he said.
"If voted to power, the Congress will provide real development in the state, will re-establish the rights of the people which this BJP government has snatched away and provide safety to the people," he said.
Incidentally, the Congress manifesto has been named as `the blueprint of Gujarat`s future 2012-2017`, whereas Modi had termed his party`s manifesto as, "the blueprint for development of all sections of society".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you