Gujarat polls: Modhwadia, Gohil in Congress` 1st list of candidates
New Delhi: Gujarat PCC chief Arjun Modhwadia, CLP leader Shaktisinhji Gohil, former PCC chief Siddharthbai Patel and several other sitting MLAs figure in the first list of Congress candidates announced by the AICC on Wednesday night for the state Assembly elections.
While Motwadia has been re-nominated for his Porbandher seat, Gohil has been fielded from Bhavnagar rural. Patel is the party nominee from Dabhoi.
A total of 52 candidates have been announced for the phase I and II elections.
In the 182-member Gujarat Assembly, Congress has been in opposition for last two decades.
The Election Commission has already issued notification for the first phase of Gujarat Assembly elections for 87 constituencies where voting will be held on December 13.
Notification for elections to remaining 95 seats (of the total 182) in phase II will be issued on November 23. The second phase of polling will take place on December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!