Gujarat polls: Modhwadia, Gohil in Congress` 1st list of candidates
New Delhi: Gujarat PCC chief Arjun Modhwadia, CLP leader Shaktisinhji Gohil, former PCC chief Siddharthbai Patel and several other sitting MLAs figure in the first list of Congress candidates announced by the AICC on Wednesday night for the state Assembly elections.
While Motwadia has been re-nominated for his Porbandher seat, Gohil has been fielded from Bhavnagar rural. Patel is the party nominee from Dabhoi.
A total of 52 candidates have been announced for the phase I and II elections.
In the 182-member Gujarat Assembly, Congress has been in opposition for last two decades.
The Election Commission has already issued notification for the first phase of Gujarat Assembly elections for 87 constituencies where voting will be held on December 13.
Notification for elections to remaining 95 seats (of the total 182) in phase II will be issued on November 23. The second phase of polling will take place on December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened