Gujarat porngate: Assembly adjourned after uproar
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Assembly was on Friday adjourned for an hour as Congress MLAs stalled the proceedings for the third consecutive day, seeking dismissal of two BJP MLAs accused of watching porn in the House.
As soon as the question hour began Congress MLAs began slogan shouting "dismiss those viewing nude clips in the House" and left their seats and gathered near the Speaker`s podium.
They did not stop shouting despite repeated requests made by the Speaker to pacify them. "Please let the House function and kindly take your seats," Gujarat Speaker Ganpat Vasava said.
But as the members continued shouting and throwing paper in the air for around five minutes, the Speaker adjourned the house till the end of Question Hour.
Yesterday, the Gujarat Assembly had to be adjourned four times due to uproar over the issue, and all the Congress MLAs were later suspended for the day, for disrupting the House proceedings.
BJP MLAs Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharwad are under scanner for allegedly watching obscene pictures during the House proceedings.
On March 20, Radhanpur MLA Chaudhary and fellow BJP MLA from Shera Bharward were seen spending time on a tablet during the House proceedings and it is alleged that they were watching obscene pictures of women.
Speaker Vasava has already ordered a probe by the Privileges Committee into the unsavoury episode, after asking the Assembly secretary to confiscate Chaudhary`s I-pad/tablet and send it for forensic test.
The two BJP MLAs have denied the charges and have alleged that this was a conspiracy to malign them and their party.
The issue has generated a lot of heat with the Congress, which is demanding dismissal of the two MLAs, forcing adjournment of the House several times in the last two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand