Gujarat porngate: Cong takes a dig at BJP
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday had a dig at
the BJP over another porngate scandal rocked the oppostion-
ruled Gujarat after Karnataka, saying it exposes the true
face of the party which swears in the name of Indian culture.
"BJP MLAS were found watching indecent pictures in the
Gujarat Assembly. It seems the opposition party has not learnt
any lessons from a similar episode in Karnataka. Had tough
steps been taken in Karnataka, this would not have been
repeated in Gujarat.
"We can only pray to God that such a thing is now not
repeated in any third BJP-ruled state," party spokesperson
Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
He said the incident has "exposed the true face of the
BJP", which keeps "harping" about Indian culture.
The scandal rocked Gujarat Assembly where two BJP MLAs
have come under the scanner for allegedly watching obscene
pictures on a tablet during proceedings.
Legislators Shankar Chaudhury and Jetha Bharwad were
yesterday seen spending time on their tablets during the House
proceedings here and allegations are that they were viewing
obscene pictures of women.
Alvi also felt that it will be "unfortunate" if B S
Yeddyurappa again became Chief Minister of the BJP-ruled
Karnataka till a court decides on the charges against him.
He was replying to a question on indications that the
former Chief Minister could be brought back to head the
government in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa today left Bangalore for Delhi to hold a
meeting with BJP senior leaders, including L K Advani, to
resolve the crisis in the party`s Karnataka unit on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video