Gujarat riots: HC to hear Zakia`s plea against Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court will on Tuesday take up the case of Zakia Jafri, in which she has challenged the clean chit given by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 61 others.
In her petition, Jafri has claimed that they were conspirators in the 2002 Gujarat riots in which her husband and former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri was one of those killed in the Gulburg Society massacre in Ahmedabad.
The lawyer of the Supreme Court-appointed SIT, which has given a clean chit to Modi in 2002 post-Godhra riots case after investigating complaint filed by Zakia Jafri, in April had said, "Modi has never said that go and kill people".
Challenging the protest petition filed by Jafri against SIT`s closure report, its lawyer RS Jamuar said, "Social activist Teesta Setalvad and others have falsified the complaint targeting Chief Minister who had never said that go and kill people."
Meanwhile, Supreme Court-appointed SIT on Monday termed as "instigating" the petition filed by Zakia Jafri, opposing the closure report filed by SIT giving clean chit to Modi and alleged that it could again create communal disturbances in the state.
SIT made this submission before Metropolitan Magistrate BJ Ganatra who was hearing the `protest` petition filed by Jafri opposing the closure report filed by SIT giving clean chit to Modi and others for their role in the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Jafri, whose husband and former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri was killed during 2002 Gulbarg society riots, had filed on April 15 a petition before the Magistrate in protest against the SIT report giving clean chit to Modi and others and sought the filing of charge sheet against them.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead