Gujarat riots: Nalini Bhatt to appear before SIT today
Ahmedabad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Nalin Bhatt has been summoned by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) for questioning in connection with the 2002 communal riots in Gulberg society.
Bhatt is to appear before the panel Saturday in connection with the Gulberg society massacre in which former Congress MP Ehsan Jaffri and many others were killed. On Friday, the SIT had issued summons to Chief Minister Narendra Modi to present himself before the panel on March 21.
Bhatt, who quit the BJP following differences with Narendra Modi, figures in the petition filed by Zakia Jaffri, wife of Ehsan Jaffri, in the Supreme Court.
The former BJP leader had also filed a submission before the Nanavati Shah commission probing the Godhra train carnage and the statewide communal riots that followed thereafter.
Bhatt said Saturday that he would present himself before the SIT.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming