Gujarat riots: Nalini Bhatt to appear before SIT today
Ahmedabad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Nalin Bhatt has been summoned by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) for questioning in connection with the 2002 communal riots in Gulberg society.
Bhatt is to appear before the panel Saturday in connection with the Gulberg society massacre in which former Congress MP Ehsan Jaffri and many others were killed. On Friday, the SIT had issued summons to Chief Minister Narendra Modi to present himself before the panel on March 21.
Bhatt, who quit the BJP following differences with Narendra Modi, figures in the petition filed by Zakia Jaffri, wife of Ehsan Jaffri, in the Supreme Court.
The former BJP leader had also filed a submission before the Nanavati Shah commission probing the Godhra train carnage and the statewide communal riots that followed thereafter.
Bhatt said Saturday that he would present himself before the SIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!