Gujarat riots: Nalini Bhatt to appear before SIT today
Ahmedabad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Nalin Bhatt has been summoned by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) for questioning in connection with the 2002 communal riots in Gulberg society.
Bhatt is to appear before the panel Saturday in connection with the Gulberg society massacre in which former Congress MP Ehsan Jaffri and many others were killed. On Friday, the SIT had issued summons to Chief Minister Narendra Modi to present himself before the panel on March 21.
Bhatt, who quit the BJP following differences with Narendra Modi, figures in the petition filed by Zakia Jaffri, wife of Ehsan Jaffri, in the Supreme Court.
The former BJP leader had also filed a submission before the Nanavati Shah commission probing the Godhra train carnage and the statewide communal riots that followed thereafter.
Bhatt said Saturday that he would present himself before the SIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj