Gujarat riots witness killed in attack
Ahmedabad: Nadeem Sayed, a witness in the 2002 post-Godhra riots, was killed here on Saturday morning, reports said. Sayed, a Congress worker, was stabbed to death by unidentified men in Ahmedabad’s Johapura area.
Doctors declared him brought dead when he was taken to the hospital.
Sayed was a witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case in which 95 people were killed on February 28, 2002 during the communal violence that erupted after the Godhra train burning incident.
The court where the trial in case was on had recorded Sayed`s statements a couple of months back.
Sources close to Sayed said he was also a police informer in some cases and his murder had some connection with the clash between slaughter house owners and police early this week where two policemen were injured and a police jeep was
torched by a mob.
Sayed, who was also a RTI activist, had raised many RTI queries on the Godhra riots and related incidents.
He had also filed several PILs in the Gujarat High Court over sanitation issues in the Johapura area. According to reports, he had also filed complaints against several political leaders.
Sayed had faced attacks earlier also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP