Gujarat riots witness killed in attack
Ahmedabad: Nadeem Sayed, a witness in the 2002 post-Godhra riots, was killed here on Saturday morning, reports said. Sayed, a Congress worker, was stabbed to death by unidentified men in Ahmedabad’s Johapura area.
Doctors declared him brought dead when he was taken to the hospital.
Sayed was a witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case in which 95 people were killed on February 28, 2002 during the communal violence that erupted after the Godhra train burning incident.
The court where the trial in case was on had recorded Sayed`s statements a couple of months back.
Sources close to Sayed said he was also a police informer in some cases and his murder had some connection with the clash between slaughter house owners and police early this week where two policemen were injured and a police jeep was
torched by a mob.
Sayed, who was also a RTI activist, had raised many RTI queries on the Godhra riots and related incidents.
He had also filed several PILs in the Gujarat High Court over sanitation issues in the Johapura area. According to reports, he had also filed complaints against several political leaders.
Sayed had faced attacks earlier also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index